Chapter 3
The gas station looked like an old, abandoned, shaft actually.It looked somewhat familiar , too. I think I used to go here all the time as a little girl when it was a, hmmm, what was it? Bingo! Now I remember! It used to be a very popular ice cream parlor. The wacko was heading back towards the car. I quickly smacked the blindfold on my face again. Ow! I gotta stop doing that! My face will turn red if I don't stop! Yikes! The man got into the car.
"Hey, kid!" the man exclaimed, his voice sounding a lot like my dad's. You know, low and sort of scratchy. But that's impossible. My dad was put in jail ten years ago when I was four. It couldn't have been my dad. Unless, neh! "Hey kid!" the man repeated."Do you like ice cream?"
"Do I like what?" I questoined.
"Like ice cream. Do you like ice cream?" the man asked.
"Depends on what kind. Why do you need to know?"
"Just hold out your hands."
I reached out my hands. I touched something soft and sticky. "What is this stuff?" I asked, sort of grossed out.
" Well, take off the blindfold!" the man demanded, really annoyed. "captain obvious" I heard him grumble under his breath.
I pretended to take off the blindfold.
"It's mint chocolate chip, your favorite," the man said, offering me an ice cream cone.
I took the ice cream out of the man's giant hands. The man's hands were the size of my dad's, too! Strange! Anyway; As I took the ice cream cone, I said," How'd you know mint chocolate chip was my favorite flavor in ice cream?" I asked suspiciously.
The man's eyes widened. " Uh, wild hunch?"
"Hmmm, I'll let that slide this once." I replied. "So, uh, why do you have me? You know, like, kidnapped? Do you need to get hooked up with someone? It looks like you could seriously use some company! Trust me, I'm an expert." I giggled. The man just glared at me and growled. "Sorry! No need to take offense!" I said quickly before he reacted to any of those words.
"Listen kid! It's best that you don't mess with me, okay?!"
"y, y, (cough) yes sir!" I stammered.
" I have you because, well, I need you 'cause, hmmm, how can I explain this to you with out totally giving away the whole thing?" the man asked, with suspense.
"Totally giving what away?"
"Ugh! Oh, just forget it! Sit back, relax, enjoy the ride, an eat your ice cream!"
Two, no, three things. 1. How can I enjoy the ride when I'm with a complete stranger?! 2. This guy is acting more and more dumb than he already is whenever I ask a simple question! And 3. Are those police cars on our tail?!?!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh . . . . what's going to happen next? WHO is that guy? And are the police going to pull them over? Don't make me wait too long . . . . . . . . pleeeeeeeeease!!!!!!
Love, Gramma
ps you're REALLY good at building up the suspense!!!!!
OMG! Lizzy u r like the best author ever! I CAN'T wait till chapter 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love your story! And it has the same kind of cliff hangers in a really good book!!Because my teacher was reading a really good book to the class, and she kept stopping and the class would shout at her(including me.)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
So,
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys want chapter four, maybe I should post it...
Post a Comment